The Storied World of the Bible
Understand how the expansive literature found in the Bible fits together into a Grand Narrative of God’s actions.
Preview the Course
Get Your Coupon of 59% Off* Today!
*$69.99 (Regular course price is $169.99)
About the Course
The Bible can often be a mystery to those who read it. There are various narratives which combine to make a great story. We have a great story, which is God’s story, which is then the story of creation, with humans in the middle of it. We have Israel’s story, called to be the promise bearing humans. The story then becomes focused on David and his family as the ones who are specially charged of ruling God’s people and bringing God’s justice to the world. And with this vocation there comes the parallel temptation to abuse the vocation.
Often, people wonder how the various stories, poems, prophetic texts, Gospels, and letters all fit together. And, indeed, they do fit together in ways needing to be understood by readers of the Bible. This course will unpack some of the questions surrounding the meaning of the Bible to bring a coherent sense of what is being communicated by the biblical writers. The Bible then, truly, becomes a Grand Story of God’s faithfulness.
The structure of the course includes:
- Lectures by Prof. Wright
- Quizzes to assess comprehension
- Student discussions
- Interaction with Prof. David Seemuth, your co-instructor for the course
- Textbook readings
- Interaction with the biblical text itself
Latest posts by administrator (see all)
- Paul’s Background (Entire Lecture!) - June 29, 2018
- Golden Calves: How Paul Redeems a Painful Memory for the Sake of Mission (Video) - May 16, 2018
- How John Weaves Creation, Exodus, and Jesus Together - May 3, 2018