What happened on the road to Damascus that changed the course of Paul’s life and the course of human history? In Paul: A Biography, Prof. N.T. Wright analyzes Paul’s journey and identifies the moments it transformed both Paul and the world.
Preview the Course
N. T. Wright’s definitive biography of Paul reveals the apostle’s lasting role in Christian history as an inventor of new paradigms for how we understand Jesus and what he accomplished.
About the Course
Wright celebrates Paul’s stature as one of the most effective and influential intellectuals in human history, while shedding fresh light on his writings, thoughts, and ideas. Consider these remarkable facts: Paul’s writing occupy less than 90 pages in a modern translation yet they have, page per page, generated more sermons, books, monographs, and journal articles than any other writings from the ancient world.
This course endeavors to answer the questions:
- How did this impact result from a man like Paul?
- What was Paul doing and what did he think about why he was doing it?
- How did someone with his background and upbringing end up speaking, traveling, and writing in the way he did?
- What, exactly, happened on the road to Damascus that changed the course of Paul’s life and the course of human history?
These and other questions are the focus of this comprehensive course.
- Anyone interested in learning about the apostle Paul, one of the most influential writers in history.
- Anyone interested in the New Testament and particularly the development of thought regarding Jesus during the early church period.
Registered 501c3 non-profit organization
Courses developed for N.T. Wright Online are made possible by the generous donations of people who support the Wisconsin Center for Christian Study, Inc., a registered 501c3 non-profit organization. Tuition paid enables us to provide scholarships for those in need and allows us to fund new courses and translations of existing courses, and we are able to offer courses at significant discounts.